Americas > Home > VISA

Most Canadian citizens and many citizens from Visa Waiver Program countries can come to the U.S. without a visa if they meet certain requirements. Visit Travel Without a Visa to learn more.

There are various types of non-immigrant visas for temporary visitors to travel to the U.S., if you are not a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident. It's important to have information about the type of non-immigrant visa you will need for travel, and the steps required to apply for the visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. For most Honeywell Users Group attendees who need a visa, the visa type is Business Visitor, B-1.


Visitor Visas

The visitor visa is a type of non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the U.S. temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2). International travelers with visitor visas comprise a large portion of temporary visitor travel to the U.S. every year. For how-to-apply information, documentation requirements and more, see these webpages:

Travel Without a Visa - Foreign citizens traveling for visitor visa purposes only from certain eligible countries may also be able to visit the U.S. without a visa through the Visa Waiver Program if they meet requirements, including having a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval. Additionally, citizens of Canada and Bermuda traveling for visitor visa purposes don't need a visa, with some exceptions.

For more information regarding travel and tourism in the United States, please visit, the official U.S. travel and tourism website.


A foreign national entering the U.S. is required to present a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or a citizen of Canada.

Visa Waiver Program: A foreign national traveling by air, who is a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, must have an approved ESTA and valid passport before traveling to the U.S..

Canadian citizens must present a passport when entering or departing the U.S. by air. Canadian citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one of the following travel documents: Passport, Enhanced Driver's License (EDL), Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST), or Secure Certificate of Indian Status.

Be sure to allow enough time to process your required travel documents. Remember, it can take eight weeks or more to obtain a visa or a new passport.

EMEA © Honeywell International Inc.   |    Terms & Conditions    |   Privacy Policy    |